fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Villas-Boas confident Tottenham will be able to spend this summer

Go down

Andre Villas-Boas confident Tottenham will be able to spend this summer Empty Andre Villas-Boas confident Tottenham will be able to spend this summer

Post by Devastating Mon May 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Andre Villas-Boas expects Tottenham Hotspur to spend this summer regardless of whether they make the UEFA Champions League.

Spurs are pushing hard for a top-four finish in the Premier League and will take in a potentially pivotal clash with capital rivals Chelsea on Wednesday.

Qualification for Europe's premier club competition would make it easier for them to attract top talent to White Hart Lane, and prevent their prized assets from heading through the exits.

Villas-Boas is, however, of the opinion that he will be granted permission to strengthen whatever happens over the next few weeks - with Spurs determined to improve year on year.

"At the moment our future must be analysed in only one direction," said Villas-Boas.

"For us, the objective is always to improve the team and for that to happen either we have Champions League money to make it easier, or we have to invest and risk a bit more.

"But the objective is always to better what you did last season. We have to have one direction only."
For now, Villas-Boas is focused purely on a midweek trip to Chelsea - with the Portuguese tactician set to return to Stamford Bridge for the first time since being axed by the Blues after only nine months in charge.

On a reunion with a club he first joined as part of Jose Mourinho's coaching staff, Villas-Boas added: "I'm not sure (what it will be like to go back).

"I'm not sure if enough time has passed for me to feel anything. I was just another manager that passed by.

"Obviously I spent three great years there when I was on the staff but when I was given more responsibility I wasn't given enough time.

"I have great friends who I don't want to undermine by what I am saying and the players gave everything for me.

"It's fine because sometimes the only option is for a manager to go and I have discussed this at length.

"It would be excellent if we got the three points. At the moment it means absolutely nothing; it's just another opponent in our quest to try to get the nine points that we have to play for."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down