fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Neville's Team of the 2012/13 Season

Go down

Gary Neville's Team of the 2012/13 Season  Empty Gary Neville's Team of the 2012/13 Season

Post by Devastating Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 pm

David De Gea - Man Utd

He was also the (PFA Team of the Year) players' choice. For me it's all been about the turn of the year; Man United have been the best defence since January with 10 clean sheets in 16 matches. His performances have improved massively and I think he deserves that goalkeeping spot.

Leighton Baines - Everton

I think Baines has been the outstanding left-back this season. I played against him when he was at Wigan a good few years ago and you knew he was good going forward but you didn't know if he had the aggression or mentality to know how to defend in David Moyes' Everton team - but he does.

Pablo Zabaleta - Man City

Every time I watch him play I think of myself and wish I was him. He plays football the right way and he's brilliant to watch. He's a leader and he's more than a right-back. Even though City have dropped below last season's standards, every time I've watched them he powers forward and fights for every challenge. For me he's the outstanding right-back.

Rio Ferdinand - Man Utd

Since Christmas I think he's been ever-present almost and has been the lynchpin at the back for Manchester United. The defensive improvements since Christmas have been centred around him and the composure that he brings and he's the first centre-back I picked.

Jan Vertonghen - Tottenham

I think he is a leader and you see it more in real life when I go to games at White hart Lane. He's got his arms out all the time and he's pushing his back four up the pitch. At moments in the games he breaks forward, puts impetus into the performance and I've put him in because you don't see many centre-backs nowadays - or as many as you should - talking and organising. He does that for Tottenham.

Juan Mata - Chelsea

Juan Mata has had a brilliant season and in my team I've pushed him on to the right-hand side, though I know he's played in different positions. He is the best player of his type in the Premier League this season, better than David Silva, Samir Nasri, Eden Hazard etc. He is really clever and good on the ball and has now added goals to his game. He is affecting matches and I think he has enjoyed the challenge of having Oscar and Hazard alongside him at Chelsea.

Gareth Bale - Tottenham

This is just an absolute shoo-in. Gareth Bale has been absolutely fantastic and people will say he hasn't played on the left wing, but I think he'll play on the left and right as much as he'll play off the front. If Spurs hadn't had him they probably wouldn't be in the top eight. He's been huge for them and it's been a phenomenal season, absolutely phenomenal. He's getting better and better and better.

Michael Carrick - Man Utd

I think Michael Carrick has been the outstanding central midfield player all season for the champions, Manchester United. He's been consistent, you could argue he's had his best ever season and Paul Scholes has left his side now and given him more responsibility.

Steven Gerrard - Liverpool

This position was the biggest problem to pick and I put it down to stats in the end. I went for Steven Gerrard because he's played the most minutes of any player in the Premier League this season other than Leighton Baines and he has the most goals and assists combined of any midfielder. He's been almost ever-present and has basically contributed nine goals and nine assists to his team. For many years he's been a central defender who can attack and defend in equal measure.

Luis Suarez - Liverpool

The front two pick themselves because Van Persie and Suarez have been the two outstanding centre-forwards of the season. Suarez has carried Liverpool and been their best player by a mile; he scores all different types of goals and is always involved in games.

Robin van Persie - Man Utd

United are not a one-man team but van Persie has been brilliant. The challenge for him was to maintain the form of last season, when he was magnificent at Arsenal, and he has. People were expecting him to fail under the big pressure of playing for United and in a different style, but he has settled brilliantly.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down