fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No deal yet for Everton manager David Moyes to take over as Manchester United boss

Go down

No deal yet for Everton manager David Moyes to take over as Manchester United boss Empty No deal yet for Everton manager David Moyes to take over as Manchester United boss

Post by Devastating Thu May 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Bill Kenwright says a decision on David Moyes' future will be solely down to the Everton manager, but confirmed a deal for the Scot to take charge at Manchester United has yet to be done.

Moyes has emerged as the leading candidate to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford following his fellow Scot's announcement that he will retire at the end of the season.

Ferguson will take up a role as a director and ambassador, and reports have suggested he has played a key role in identifying his managerial successor.

Sky Bet suspended betting on Moyes heading to United and he held talks with Everton chairman Kenwright on Wednesday evening in London.

Following the discussions on Wednesday evening, Kenwright confirmed that no agreement has been finalised for Moyes to succeed Ferguson. Moyes also refused to speak to waiting reporters after the meeting with his chairman.

Kenwright also confirmed to Sky Sports News that Moyes will be in charge for Everton's next Premier League game against West Ham United on Sunday.
"I don't know about a deal being done," Kenwright told Sky Sports News. "David had a meeting scheduled with me and we've just had a good meeting.

"I think, at the end of the day, David's contract is up in six weeks' time and he has a right to make his own decisions.

"He's served this club wonderfully well."

The 50-year-old former Preston North End boss has spent 11 years in charge at Everton, but is out of contract at the end of the season.

United chief executive David Gill has outlined the qualities needed to succeed Ferguson as manager amid expectation Moyes will be the new man in charge.

"The qualities are the ones that have been inherent at Manchester United for many years," Gill told MUTV.

"Our two most successful eras were with managers who got involved with all aspects of the club, from the youth team to the first team, to get that degree of loyalty and understanding of the football club.

"Clearly he has to have the requisite football experience, both in terms of domestic and European experience. It is a small pool."

Former Manchester United striker Michael Owen said he would choose the Everton boss.

Owen, the former Liverpool striker who played under Ferguson for three seasons, said on Twitter: "What an act to follow. I guess only Mourinho would have the confidence to strut through the door. If it were me, I'd go for Moyes."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down