fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Garcia accepts his fate after twice finding water at 17th hole at Sawgrass

Go down

Sergio Garcia accepts his fate after twice finding water at 17th hole at Sawgrass Empty Sergio Garcia accepts his fate after twice finding water at 17th hole at Sawgrass

Post by Devastating Mon May 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Sergio Garcia shrugged his shoulders and accepted his fate with good grace after seeing his chances of winning a second Players Championship title sink at the treacherous par-three 17th.

The Spaniard was in contention when he arrived on the 71st tee at TPC Sawgrass, tied for the lead with eventual champion Tiger Woods.

But, after visiting the water twice on the 137-yard hole, he had to sigh for a four-over-par seven before adding a double-bogey six at the last.

His concluding 76 left him in a tie-for-eighth, six shots behind the world No 1.

And Garcia said: "As the ball was in the air I was thinking, please be right, because it was straight at it. It was probably three feet left of the hole.

"When it splashed, you think, well hopefully I hit a good shot after this and make four and still have a chance on the next.

"So I thought, I'll just hit the same shot a little bit harder and I did, but a little bit of breeze picked up and it bounced on top and came back into the water. The next one I hit a little bit harder and finally got on the green.

"It doesn't bug me. It just happens."

As for his views on the famed 17th, the 33-year-old added: "I've been fortunate on that hole. I've won my Players Championship on that hole.

"That hole has been good to me for the most part. Today it wasn't. That's the way it is. That's the kind of hole it is. You've got to love it for what it is."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down