fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael van Gerwen adds European Open to Premier League title

Go down

Michael van Gerwen adds European Open to Premier League title Empty Michael van Gerwen adds European Open to Premier League title

Post by Devastating Mon May 20, 2013 8:57 am

Michael van Gerwen remained in unstoppable form as the newly-crowned Premier League champion won the European Darts Open in Dusseldorf.

Fresh from his success in London on Thursday, van Gerwen moved on to Germany where he beat Simon Whitlock 6-2 in Sunday's final to claim another £20,000 in prize money in what is becoming a superb season.

Van Gerwen won six matches over the weekend, including victories over Terry Jenkins, Gary Anderson and Peter Wright to set-up a final with fellow Premier League star Whitlock.

Whitlock could not live with van Gerwen's 106 average he threw during the final, as the young Dutchman walked away with yet another victory.

"It's been a brilliant few days," said van Gerwen. "I'm a bit tired at the moment but winning is the most important thing, and I'm very glad I saved my best game for the final.

"Simon beat me the last time we played in a final and I knew I needed to play a proper game to beat him, and I think I showed my class with a very good performance tonight.

"The crowd was amazing and even though they were cheering for Simon in the final, they were very nice. Darts is growing in Germany and the crowds are very good here. Every ticket's sold out and you want to see that."

Next up for the globe-trotting darts stars is a trip to the Middle East where they will take part in the inaugural Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters next week.

"I'm so happy with my game at the moment and I hope I can continue this form in Dubai as well because I want to do well there," added van Gerwen.

"I fly to Dubai on Monday and I'll have a couple of days off when I get over there but I'll be preparing for the Dubai Masters. I'm looking forward to it and it's very exciting."

Whitlock will join van Gerwen, and the likes of Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis, James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld in heading to the Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters, and he added: "I'm looking forward to every tournament I play right now and hopefully I can win in Dubai."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down