fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods says winning another major would put the seal on his return to the top

Go down

Tiger Woods says winning another major would put the seal on his return to the top Empty Tiger Woods says winning another major would put the seal on his return to the top

Post by Devastating Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 am

Tiger Woods feels his rise back to the top of the World Golf Rankings will feel complete when he wins a 15th major championship.

Resurgent Woods won for the third time in 2013 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Monday, a result good enough to see him move past Rory McIlroy and become world No 1 for the first time since October 2010.

Although he could lose that spot back to McIlroy before The Masters on 11 April, Woods is in the midst of his best run of form since his struggles with knee injuries and the must-publicised problems in his personal life, and he is now a clear favourite to win a fifth Green Jacket at Augusta.

"Over a period of time it's been years since I've hit the ball this consistently day in and day out," Woods said.

"I'm getting there. I'm very pleased that some of the shots that I struggled with last year are now strengths. One of the things that we need to continue to work on is getting it more refined because my good ones are really good.

"It's just making sure the bad ones aren't that bad, whether it's a driver, three wood, long iron, wedge, whatever it is, that I'm missing the ball in the correct spots.

"That's getting way better. I can still continue to improve and clean up my short game. The three events that I've won, I've putted well. It certainly helped me out there at Doral and got me into position where I felt like I was now putting like I did at Torrey.

"You've got to be able to do it at home first. That's where it all starts and do it consistently.

"Then it feeds into coming out here and being able to do it Thursday, Friday and maybe a Saturday afternoon - and then ultimately down the stretch on Sunday of a tournament. Then you've got to do it in a major championship.

"So that process has been evolving and you can see the stepping stones. Throughout my career when I've changed my game and have made changes you can see the incremental progress I've made. Then eventually I get to a point where I start winning golf tournaments."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down