Rafael Cabrera-Bello one of five looking for Masters spots in Morocco

Go down

Rafael Cabrera-Bello one of five looking for Masters spots in Morocco

Post by Devastating on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 am

Rafael Cabrera-Bello is desperate to win the Hassan II Trophy in Morocco and claim a last-gasp debut entrance into the Masters at Augusta in two weeks' time.

The Spaniard is one of five golfers in the field at the Golf du Palais Royal in Agadir who can sneak into the world's top 50 with a tournament victory and therefore bag an invite to the opening major of the season.

The 28-year-old currently sits in 65th place in the official world rankings, but a victory in Morocco will see him earn a dream debut at Augusta.

Four other players can also book their tickets to Georgia with a victory in Morocco - with Scotland's Stephen Gallacher, Richie Ramsay and Scott Jamieson along with Germany's Marcel Siem all having the top 50 in their sights.
"The main reason I am here is to try to win this tournament and get into The Masters," Cabrera-Bello told europeantour.com.

"This is my last chance to do it this year, the last bullet in the chamber if you like, and I am going to give it my best shot.

"Hopefully I can continue to play well and if the door opens a little bit on Sunday afternoon here then I can take my chance."

The course at the Golf du Palais Royal has some similarities to Augusta National in that it is also not a very widely viewed course - with it unusually being positioned within the royal palace grounds.

"The golf course is just in immaculate condition," Cabrera-Bello said. "We are very lucky to be invited to come and play this golf course because not a lot of people will have played here before.

"You can tell from the conditioning of the course that we are in the King's garden - it is very beautiful and is just in immaculate condition so we cannot complain about the course this week."

Italian brothers Francesco and Edoardo Molinari will also compete for the trophy alongside the last three winners, Michael Hoey, David Horsey and Rhys Davies.
Devastating
Admin

View user profile http://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down