fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delanie Walker 'wanted to be a starter in this league'

Go down

Delanie Walker 'wanted to be a starter in this league' Empty Delanie Walker 'wanted to be a starter in this league'

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:49 pm

What convinced him to leave the San Francisco 49ers for the Tennessee Titans.

"I wanted to be a starter in this league," Walker said. "Being a second-string tight end for seven seasons is good, but I wasn't the man. I felt like going on my eighth season, I needed to be the guy."

With tight end Jared Cook departing for the St. Louis Rams, the Titans have assured Walker he'll "play a large role" in Tennessee. After Niners offensive coordinator Greg Roman creatively used Walker all over the field last season, I asked if he was concerned about migrating to an attack that finished 26th in the NFL last season.
"(The Titans) kind of run a similar offense as the 49ers, and I think that's why they grabbed me, because I can play multiple positions, move all over the field, and be a key player," Walker said. "So I feel like I'm going to take that role again, but it's going to be even bigger. I see myself making great, big plays there, just like they told me. They want me ... to be a leader on that team."

Part of the attraction for Walker -- along with more playing time -- is a chance to turn Tennessee into a winner again.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down