fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leigh Halfpenny has been named the top player in the 2013 Six Nations

Go down

Leigh Halfpenny has been named the top player in the 2013 Six Nations Empty Leigh Halfpenny has been named the top player in the 2013 Six Nations

Post by Devastating Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:05 am

Wales full-back Leigh Halfpenny has won the RBS Player of the Championship award for the 2013 Six Nations.

Wales full-back Leigh Halfpenny has won the RBS Player of the Championship award for the 2013 Six Nations after playing a starring role in the Welsh triumph.

A 15-man shortlist was decided through a mixture of technical statistics and fan sentiment on social media, which was then voted on by 80,000 fans.

And the 24-year-old Halfpenny triumphed with over 40 per cent of the vote after a superlative campaign, during which he impressed with his kicking, notching 74 points, and his superb tackling.

Wales bounced back from an opening loss to Ireland to win their next four games, thrashing England at Cardiff last Saturday to clinch the title, and Halfpenny is favourite to be the Lions full-back in the Tests against Australia this summer.

"I can't thank the people who voted for me enough," said Halfpenny, who plays his club rugby for Cardiff Blues.

"It's a real honour and privilege, and I am overwhelmed to be among the players shortlisted.

"It's the icing on the cake of an exceptional year for Wales, and it is a privilege to be part of such an exceptional group of people.

"For my name to be added to the list of players who have won this award in the past is incredible and extremely humbling."

Italy flanker Alessandro Zanni finished runner-up in the voting, with Scotland's dashing full-back Stuart Hogg third.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down