fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Norman: Scott can win more majors than any other Aussie

Go down

Greg Norman: Scott can win more majors than any other Aussie Empty Greg Norman: Scott can win more majors than any other Aussie

Post by Devastating Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Former World No.1 Greg Norman thinks his compatriot Adam Scott can use Masters victory as a springboard towards more Major success.

Norman won the Open twice during his superb career but fell just short at the Masters, finishing second on three occasions.

And that left Scott to become the first Aussie to win the historic Augusta event, when he edged out Angel Cabrera at the second hole of a sudden-death play-off on Sunday.
Norman said: "Adam is a great player and I'm confident this victory will catapult him on to win more majors.

"It will not surprise me if he wins more major championships than any other Australian golfer in history (Peter Thomson leads the way with five).

"Adam's an incredible competitor. He's not a guy that wants to sit back and relax and rest on his laurels. He has incredible fire within his system.

"And a victory like this is going to give him tremendous confidence, as he moves forward in his career."

Aussies were all over the leaderboard at Augusta and Jason Day and Marc Leishman also finished in the top five.

And Norman added: "It gave me so much pride to look up at the leaderboard and see three Aussie flags on there, and I was on the edge of my seat all afternoon watching the Masters."
Praise from the PM

Scott's win is big news in Australia and Prime Minister Julia Gillard also took the time to salute his victory.

"Congratulations to Adam Scott," said Gillard. "By any measure this is an historic day for Australian sport.

"All Australians will be marvelling in his achievement and thinking of him. Adam, Australia is incredibly proud of you."

But it is Norman who the new Masters champion is keen to discuss his triumph with most of all.

"A phone conversation's not going to do it, we're very close," said Scott. "I would love to share a beer with him and talk through it all.

"There was one guy that inspired a nation of golfers and that's Greg Norman. He's been incredible to me and all the young golfers in Australia, and part of this definitely belongs to him.

"He was a role model and he has devoted so much time to myself and other Australian players who came after him. He is incredibly generous."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down