fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Sheridan dismisses chances of touring with British and Irish Lions

Go down

Andrew Sheridan dismisses chances of touring with British and Irish Lions Empty Andrew Sheridan dismisses chances of touring with British and Irish Lions

Post by Devastating Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Andrew Sheridan has played down suggestions that he could earn a place in the British and Irish Lions squad for the tour of Australia.

The former England prop has enjoyed an excellent season with Toulon and helped the Top 14 giants to a 24-12 victory over Saracen's in Sunday's Heineken Cup semi-final.

Sheridan has been tipped as a surprise inclusion when Warren Gatland unveils his Lions squad on Tuesday, despite Toulon's Top 14 run-in clashing with the early stages of the tour.
"I wish everyone the best but those days are behind me. I'm very happy in the south of France," the 33-year-old told talkSPORT.

"It was a great honour to play for the Lions in 2005 and 2009 and I wish them all the best, but my ambitions lie in Toulon.
Great

"Maybe some people will think that isn't being ambitious, but I've had my time and I'm enjoying it in Toulon.

"There isn't much substance behind the suggestion I might be picked - it's just talk."
Jonny Wilkinson's odds of making the Lions squad were slashed after he kicked seven penalties and a drop-goal at Twickenham to guide Toulon to their first ever Heineken Cup final.

But Sheridan added: "You'd have to ask Jonny about the Lions. He's very happy like we all are down in the south of France. Toulon is a great place to live with great supporters and a great way of life.

"We work hard and it's bit of a misconception that we go around like a bunch of prima donnas.

"There is no fact to that. People just like to throw out these types of statements. We work hard and enjoy it down there, but we want success as well."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down