fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Augusta winner Adam Scott looks for more glory at the Players Championship

Go down

Augusta winner Adam Scott looks for more glory at the Players Championship Empty Augusta winner Adam Scott looks for more glory at the Players Championship

Post by Devastating Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Masters winner Adam Scott makes his return to golf this week but has reluctantly left his prized Green Jacket behind.

Scott, who tees it up at this week's Players Championship at Sawgrass, has enjoyed a daily routine with the iconic jacket presented to the Augusta champion.

However, in a bid to get back down to work and "take my head out of the clouds" he's left it behind at his home in the Bahamas.

"I walk in the closet and I put the Green Jacket on every morning ... I do," he told the gathered press at Sawgrass on Wednesday, filling the room with laughter.

"I've missed it the last couple of days. It's the first couple of days I haven't had it with me. It's been a lot of fun just wearing it around the house."

Scott briefly considered returning home after Australia held a huge party to celebrate their first Masters winner.

"I wanted to see my mom and my sister and my friends and also share in the celebrations with all the golf fans in Australia," he said.

"It was an incredible response to winning. The Prime Minister of Australia called me. I was overwhelmed.

"But we have a plan in place and it's hopefully not going to stop with the Masters. I want to keep focused while I can and try to make this my biggest year yet. I think we can rustle up some celebration when I get home at the end of the year."

Scott is grouped with world number two Rory McIlroy and Steve Stricker for the first two rounds at Sawgrass.

The world number three, who captured this title in 2004, added: "I hopefully can take my head out of the clouds and come back down to earth and play some good golf."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down