fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership: Mike Tindall signs new contract with Gloucester

Go down

Aviva Premiership: Mike Tindall signs new contract with Gloucester Empty Aviva Premiership: Mike Tindall signs new contract with Gloucester

Post by Devastating Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Mike Tindall has extended his playing career by another season after signing a new contract with Gloucester.

The 34-year-old centre, who has been at Kingsholm since 2005, was initially released by the Cherry and Whites last summer before agreeing to a dual player-coach role following the appointment of Nigel Davies as director of rugby.

Tindall made 28 appearances this season, scoring two tries as Gloucester clinched a fifth-place finish in the Aviva Premierhsip and Heineken Cup qualification.

"It's been a great year and a year that I've really enjoyed, especially on the playing side," he said. "To be able to combine the two roles for another year is great for me.

"It's been a challenge, I won't lie. It's a completely different role as I'm still out there training and playing but now have this new set of responsibilities. But it's been a good challenge and I'm enjoying it."

Davies said that Tindall has had his best season for some time, and the World Cup winner agrees.

"I think, definitely for the last couple of years, it's been my best season," he said.

"I've really enjoyed it. I've embraced the way that Nigel has done things. He's been a breath of fresh air and come in and just let the players play.

"He's kept it very simple, made the environment a very positive one and encouraged people to go out and enjoy themselves.

"I think that's probably why you've seen us make the progress we have this year."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down