fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League Darts: Superb Michael van Gerwen finishes top of the table

Go down

Premier League Darts: Superb Michael van Gerwen finishes top of the table Empty Premier League Darts: Superb Michael van Gerwen finishes top of the table

Post by Devastating Fri May 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Michael van Gerwen ensured that he finished top of the McCoy's Premier League after thrashing Robert Thornton 7-1 in Newcastle.

The world championship runner-up wasted no time in seeing off the Scot, who narrowly avoided a whitewash by winning a leg against the throw while 6-0 down.

But he was otherwise overwhelmed as the flying Dutchman set up a last-four clash with James Wade on Finals Night next Thursday.

Van Gerwen eased out to a big lead and looked set to complete a whitewash against an opponent who needed a shutout in the other direction to progress to the semi-finals.

After losing his only leg of the contest, Van Gerwen hit seven perfect darts but fell just short of completing the victory with a nine-darter.

"It was a big game for me. I was already qualified for the semi-finals but I wanted to win the table and I did that today with a very good game," he told Sky Sports.

He added: "I'm very happy with the last 14 weeks and I'm looking forward to next week."

The other semi-final at the O2 Arena will see van Gerwen's compatriot Raymond van Barneveld take on Phil Taylor.

Van Barneveld finished second in the table after he beat both Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock 7-4 in his two matches on the night.

Both Thornton and Whitlock had a chance to make the play-offs, but they combined for a total of just one point from their four matches in at the Metro Radio Arena.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down