fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Garcia accused Tiger Woods of showing a lack of respect during the third round at Sawgrass

Go down

Sergio Garcia accused Tiger Woods of showing a lack of respect during the third round at Sawgrass Empty Sergio Garcia accused Tiger Woods of showing a lack of respect during the third round at Sawgrass

Post by Devastating Sun May 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods were at loggerheads after the third round of the Players Championship at Sawgrass on Saturday.

The Spaniard blamed a roar from the crowd watching Woods on the par-five second hole after slicing his second shot from the fairway into the trees on the right.

Woods had sliced his tee shot deep into the trees on the left and the gallery had erupted during Garcia's backswing having seen world No 1 Woods reach for his five-wood for a daring escape.
Overnight leader Garcia went on to bogey the hole, while Woods birdied resulting in a two-shot swing that temporarily put Woods into a one-stroke lead over his playing partner.

"Well, obviously Tiger was on the left and it was my shot to hit," Garcia said. "He moved all the crowd that he needed to move, I waited for that.
Screaming

"I wouldn't say that he didn't see that I was ready, but you do have a feel when the other guy is going to hit and right as I was in the top of the backswing, I think he must have pulled like a five-wood or a three-wood and obviously everybody started screaming.
"So that didn't help very much. But it was unfortunate because - I mean I might have hit it there if nothing happens, you never know - but if I hit a good shot there and maybe make birdie, it gets my day started in a bit of a different way.

"There's really not much you can do. I think that I try to respect everyone as much as possible out there. I try to be careful what I do to make sure it doesn't bother the other players."

Woods denied any gamesmanship and directed a dig towards Garcia.

He said: "The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot, and then I hear his comments afterwards, and not real surprising that he's complaining about something."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down