fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Holland international Mark van Bommel has announced his retirement

Go down

Former Holland international Mark van Bommel has announced his retirement Empty Former Holland international Mark van Bommel has announced his retirement

Post by Devastating Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 pm

PSV Eindhoven skipper Mark van Bommel has announced that he is to bring the curtain down on a glittering playing career.

The 36-year-old is to hang up his boots this summer after deciding that he has reached the end of the road.

The combative midfielder saw his farewell appearance ruined by a red card on Sunday, as he was sent off during a 3-1 defeat to FC Twente.

Van Bommel will, however, have plenty of happy memories to reflect on when he slips into retirement.

A former captain of the Dutch national side, he was capped on 79 occasions by his country and won countless honours at club level - including league titles in Holland, Germany, Italy and Spain, and the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League while on the books of Barcelona.

"That's it, it's over. It's a shame that it ended with a red card, but it sums up what a difficult season it has been for the team," said Bommel.

"I have had many doubts. The support of the fans made the decision tough for me.

"Although I still feel good, I had to make a lot of efforts to stay fit. I wanted to make the decision to quit by myself."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down