fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Theismann reaches out to Louisville guard Kevin Ware

Go down

Joe Theismann reaches out to Louisville guard Kevin Ware Empty Joe Theismann reaches out to Louisville guard Kevin Ware

Post by Devastating Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 am

The gruesome injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware Sunday in the NCAA Tournament inspired sympathy and strong reaction from people across the American spectrum, and that includes the NFL community.

Two players that have gone through similar injuries know how Ware is feeling, and have reached out to him.

Joe Theismann joined NFL-AM Monday to talk about what a life-changing injury can be like.

"There will be a period of time where he thinks 'woe is me,' Theismann said, before saying he thinks Ware should be able to eventually come back.

Theismann, whose career was famusly ended by Lawrence Taylor on Monday Night Football, sent a text to Ware on Sunday offering help with "anything he needed."

"The emotional part of it is where I can maybe help walk him through it because I can tell him everything that he’s going to feel, I can tell him everything that he's going to go through emotionally," Theismann said.

Ware responded to Theismann that he appreciated the words, and looks forward to talking later.

“You hate to see anybody get hurt," Theismann said. "But when you have an injury like he had, so similar like I had happen to me, you start to relive all the moments and what he's going through. With a broken leg, the pain is instantaneous and absolutely excruciating. But then all of the sudden, the body shuts down that section of the leg or wherever it might be."

Ware underwent surgery on his tibia on Sunday night. Former Louisville running back Michael Bush, who experienced a similar injury in college, also got Ware's number and is going to call him this Monday afternoon.

"There's going to be times where he feels alone," Bush said on NFL A-M. "I just want him to hang in there because it's going to tough."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down