fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League Darts: Raymond van Barneveld makes James Wade eat his pre-match words

Go down

Premier League Darts: Raymond van Barneveld makes James Wade eat his pre-match words Empty Premier League Darts: Raymond van Barneveld makes James Wade eat his pre-match words

Post by Devastating Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Raymond van Barneveld demolished James Wade 7-2 at the NIA in Birmingham to leapfrog his opponent into second place in the Premier League table.

Wade came into the contest claiming that the Dutchman was "not good enough" to beat him.
However, 'Barney' averaged an impressive 104.2, hitting five 180s and a wonderful 116 checkout to wrap up a resounding victory.

Van Barneveld was on course for the first whitewash of the tournament after he raced into a 4-0 lead before Wade finally got a shot at a double, which he gratefully accepted.

Yet the five-time world champion from Holland went four legs back in front with a superb 101 outshot which hurt his opponent.

Wade did show a glimpse of his recent good form by taking out a 145 to pull a leg back, but it proved in vein as Barney moved above 'The Machine' in the standings, finishing in style by taking out 116.

And Van Barneveld admitted he was fired up by Wade's pre-match words, though both players had smiles on their faces at the end.

He said: "I've known James for many years, I went to James and his manager at the start of the day about this interview and they said it was nothing so we just shook hands we're OK, but it sharpened me up for this match."
Birthday ruined

Michael van Gerwen's 24th birthday celebrations were ruined as he suffered a surprise 7-5 defeat to Simon Whitlock.

The Australian averaged 99.94 with a 41 per cent success rate on the doubles to make sure 'Mighty Mike' will have to wait another week to clinch his place in the semi-finals.
Whitlock won four legs on the spin to beat the Dutchman and grab a much-needed two points in his quest to make the play-offs, though he later lost to Phil Taylor in his second match.

"What do I do, let him win!? I felt a bit flat today but I just had to dig in there and got the win in the end," said 'The Wizard' afterwards. "I never give up, that's what I'm made of. I really do believe that I can make the play-offs."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down