fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Sharpe to work with Australia's forwards during the Lions series

Go down

Nathan Sharpe to work with Australia's forwards during the Lions series Empty Nathan Sharpe to work with Australia's forwards during the Lions series

Post by Devastating Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Former Wallabies lock Nathan Sharpe has accepted an invitation to join Australia's coaching set-up ahead of the Test series against the British and Irish Lions.

Sharpe only retired from playing last year, with the 35-year-old having been capped 116 times.

Despite a long distinguished career, though, Sharpe never got to play against the Lions - however he will now get the chance to plot their downfall by working with Australia's forwards.
"It was nice to be asked to be involved," Sharpe said.

"I'm looking forward to doing all I can to help get the team ready for what is coming.
Privilege

"It's a once-every-12-years opportunity isn't it?

"I'd like to have played for Australia against the Lions but it wasn't to be.

"The fact that you can play for 11 seasons at Test level as I did and not get to play against them shows both how rare the opportunity is, but also how much of a privilege it will be for the guys that get to represent the Wallabies in this series."

Australia coach Robbie Deans admits he has no hesitation in adding Sharpe to his backroom staff.

"His experience, leadership and tactical nous will be available to both the playing group and the coaching staff as it was last year," Deans said.

"That's a great resource for us to have, given the unique nature of the British and Irish Lions.

"It also provides him with an opportunity he deserves to have an active role with the Wallabies in what will be a very special series."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down