fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory McIlroy unconcerned over relaid greens at Quail Hollow

Go down

Rory McIlroy unconcerned over relaid greens at Quail Hollow Empty Rory McIlroy unconcerned over relaid greens at Quail Hollow

Post by Devastating Thu May 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Rory McIlroy is not concerned by the state of the greens at Quail Hollow ahead of this week's Wells Fargo Championship.

A winter of severe weather has taken a large toll on the putting surfaces at the North Carolina venue, with two of them - the eighth and 10th - dug up and relaid only last week.

All 18 bentgrass greens will be replaced with Bermuda grass when the tournament concludes, but McIlroy insisted the remainder of the course was in "phenomenal shape".

"The greens are the best on tour usually, it's just unfortunate that they are not quite up to the standard they usually are," said the world No 2, who fired a sensational closing 62 to clinch his first PGA Tour title here in 2010.

"It's no big deal, the rest of the golf course is in phenomenal shape and it's going to be the same for everyone. The best player at the end of the week is still going to win.
Feeling good

"If you start missing putts I guess you have to accept it. I don't mind because I'm not a guy that relies on my putting per se, so it will eliminate quite a lot of the field and I don't mind that at all."

McIlroy has struggled to reproduce the form that earned five victories worldwide last year, but he feels encouraged by his performance at the Masters despite finishing tied for 25th.

"I feel good," he added. "I had two sevens on the back nine on Saturday at Augusta but I played solid on Sunday, shot 69 and at least came away with some positives.

"I've done some good work with Michael (Bannon, his coach) in Florida last week, the game feels in good shape so hopefully I can continue that this week."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down