fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gareth Bale says Tottenham focused on securing top-four finish

Go down

Gareth Bale says Tottenham focused on securing top-four finish Empty Gareth Bale says Tottenham focused on securing top-four finish

Post by Devastating Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Gareth Bale is determined to make sure Chelsea do not wreck Tottenham's Champions League hopes again this season.

Last season Spurs finished fourth ahead of Chelsea, only to see their dreams of Champions League football disappear as the West London giants then defeated Bayern Munich in the final to take the final English place for this season.

Bale says watching Chelsea win last season was hard to take, but with their future in their own hands - the Welshman says Spurs are determined to secure their place in the Champions League.

"I think I was more annoyed than anything else watching that Champions League final and seeing all our hard work wasted," he told The Sun.

"I thought Bayern battered Chelsea but it was one of those nights which you couldn't control. What happened has driven us on and we've used that as an incentive this year.
"If we win all our games there's nothing which can stop us qualifying, so it's up to us.

"We've had a taste of the Champions League before and I know how much everyone wants it.

"We need to keep our focus on what needs to be done and finish the job off."

Despite their determination, Bale insists that they have full respect for Chelsea and what they achieved last season.

"Chelsea are a massive club, one of the best. They have won titles and the Champions League and they want to be in it again as much as anybody," he said.

"They have signed some great players and have a very good team.

"We know it's going to be difficult to beat them on their home ground but we've definitely got the team that can do that.

"I've never won at Stamford Bridge, a draw is the best I've done, so it's time we had a win there."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down