fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Villas-Boas blasts Frank Lampard for his lack of support during Chelsea reign

Go down

Andre Villas-Boas blasts Frank Lampard for his lack of support during Chelsea reign Empty Andre Villas-Boas blasts Frank Lampard for his lack of support during Chelsea reign

Post by Devastating Wed May 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Andre Villas-Boas has hit out at Frank Lampard, claiming the midfielder never supported him during his time at Chelsea.

Spurs boss Villas-Boas returns to Stamford Bridge for the first time since he was sacked by the Blues after a tumultuous nine months in charge.

The Portuguese was axed after a run of three victories in nine games and criticised Lampard for his attitude during his ill-fated reign.

Villas-Boas said: "Yes, there was a lack of support from Frank Lampard but his ability and quality were never in doubt."

He added: "Whether the Chelsea players supported me does not matter right now. And probably being sacked made me a better manager."

Tottenham trail third-placed Chelsea by two points and need a victory to keep their hopes of Champions League qualification alive.

"Going back is not very special for me," said Villas-Boas. "We have beaten all the big teams apart from Chelsea.

"Now we have the opportunity to put destiny in our hands."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down