fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date set for Silva v Weidman

Go down

Date set for Silva v Weidman Empty Date set for Silva v Weidman

Post by Devastating Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 am

Anderson Silva will step back into the cage on Independence Day weekend after the UFC officially announced his middleweight title defence against Chris Weidman.

UFC 162 will take place on July 6 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena as Silva looks to further cement his name into his history books.

The 38-year-old has showed no signs of slowing down, owning records for the longest title reign, longest winning streak and most title defences in UFC history. He hasn't been beaten since 2004, five years before Weidman's professional debut.

But his latest challenger is determined not to be another lamb to the slaughter.

Speaking at last week's fan event at UFC 159, Weidman claimed: "I think the best thing Anderson Silva does is mentally destroy people before they even get in the cage with him.

"Once you get in the cage with him, he does a great job of making you feel like 'you do not belong in this cage with me'."

The undefeated 28-year-old contender declared: "I really feel like, on paper, I'm a nightmare match-up for Anderson Silva."

He may be right. Weidman's wrestling credentials will target Silva's only weakness and the underdog challenger has been tipped to leave Vegas with the championship - although the champion has persevered through similar challenges before.

UFC 162's main card features a co main-event of the "Korean Zombie" Chan-Sung Jung against Ricardo Lamas. The main card is completed by Mark Munoz v Tim Boetsch, Frankie Edgar v Charles Oliveira and Cub Swanson v Dennis Siver.

But anyone in Vegas over Independence Day weekend will have eyes on Silva as the best modern-day martial artist tries to fend off another young adversary.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down