fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan reaches World Championship final

Go down

Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan reaches World Championship final Empty Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan reaches World Championship final

Post by Devastating Sun May 05, 2013 2:13 am

Ronnie O'Sullivan reached his fifth World Championship final and his third in six years after defeating Judd Trump 17-11.

Armed with a 14-10 lead heading into the fourth session, the 37-year-old kept up his record of having won the opening frame of every session during the tournament.

O'Sullivan made 32 in the next before missing a long red and although Trump had his chances, he left a free-ball which the Essex cueman gratefully accepted.

With O'Sullivan needing just one more frame for victory, the left-handed Bristolian kept his hopes alive by responding with an impressive break of 77.

It was all over in the next though as O'Sullivan made a quick-fire 31 before Trump missed a long pot which allowed his opponent to cut in a delicate red and edge over the winning line.

'The Rocket' is trying to become only the third player to defend his Crucible crown after Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry.

After the match, Trump urged O'Sullivan to reconsider his plans to walk away from snooker.

"Hopefully next year he plays in it again so I can beat him," Trump said. "I want to win the World Championship with him in it and I want to beat him on the way."

O'Sullivan will face either Barry Hawkins or Ricky Walden in the two-day final, beginning Sunday, with the game beautifully poised at 12-12 heading into Saturday night's session.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down