fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Webber hoping for return to form on circuits he has been victorious at in past

Go down

Mark Webber hoping for return to form on circuits he has been victorious at in past Empty Mark Webber hoping for return to form on circuits he has been victorious at in past

Post by Devastating Fri May 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Mark Webber has admitted he "needs to capitalise" on the next phase of the season given they are the races where he has traditionally produced some of his strongest form.

Since becoming embroiled in the Red Bull team orders controversy at the second race of the season at Sepang, Webber has fallen 45 points off the pace set by team-mate Sebastian Vettel in Drivers' Championship with just a solitary seventh-place finish to show for troubled weekends in both China and Bahrain.

However, what were mixed starts for the Australian to both 2010 and 2012 came alive on F1's return to Europe and in all the 36-year-old has won at five of the next six tracks on the calendar.

With such strong historical omens therefore in place ahead of this weekend's return to action in Spain, Webber is naturally keen for history to repeat itself.

"I'm looking to have my Bahrain as the low-point of my year. Obviously China as well was a tough weekend that was going exceptionally well up until qualifying," he told reporters on Thursday.
"It is a sensational opportunity starting from here. It's not a regroup, those races are gone and there have been missed points for sure, but I've still got points on the board.

"I've won at Barcelona, won at Monaco, won at Budapest, won at Silverstone, won at Nurburgring. So I've got some good form coming up and I need to capitalise on that. You can talk about it but you need to go out there and do it - that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

And on the back of a difficult run of races, Webber admits the likes of Barcelona and Monaco couldn't have arrived at a better time for his season.

"It is quite timely," he added.

"In the past it's been okay for me to get back in the championship. It's still very, very early days of course but I am looking to hit those middle steps [of the podium]."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down