fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mushfiqur Rahim regrets decision to resign as Bangladesh captain

Go down

Mushfiqur Rahim regrets decision to resign as Bangladesh captain Empty Mushfiqur Rahim regrets decision to resign as Bangladesh captain

Post by Devastating Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Mushfiqur Rahim is to hold talks with the Bangladesh Cricket Board after he admitted he made a mistake in stepping down as captain.

Following the one-day series defeat to Zimbabwe last week, the wicketkeeper announced his resignation as captain due to concerns over a dip in his own form.

He stayed on to lead Bangladesh in two Twenty20 clashes with Zimbabwe, scoring 28 and 17, but Mushfiqur has now conceded he should have consulted the BCB before quitting as skipper.

"After resigning I have realised that I should have discussed the matter with the BCB, who have made me the captain," Mushfiqur told ESPN Cricinfo.

"It was my mistake. People from the BCB have told me that we will hold discussions when I am back. I have let them know my decision, now it's for them to decide.

"I have taken the decision emotionally. It was a wrong decision on my part. No player should back out in such a time. I should have been encouraging everyone, but I ended up doing just the opposite. I have now realised my mistake."

Mushfiqur conceded the frustration of the ODI results against Zimbabwe led him to a decision he now regrets.

"Losing to them didn't go down well with me," he added. "We are upset, because we had expected a much better result.

"A few things didn't go our way, plus we made some mistakes. We should have won the last ODI, which was disappointing.

"We should have conducted ourselves better in the field, cooler heads were missing. There's a lot to learn from tours like this."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down