fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor in good frame of mind ahead of England series

Go down

New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor in good frame of mind ahead of England series Empty New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor in good frame of mind ahead of England series

Post by Devastating Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Former New Zealand captain Ross Taylor says he is now happy with life back in the ranks ahead of the Test series against England.

Taylor sat out the tour of South Africa at the turn of the year after being sacked as skipper and replaced by Brendon McCullum - a move that laid bare his difficult relationship with head coach Mike Hesson.

He returned to New Zealand colours during the home series with England in February and March, scoring a hundred in the second one-day international in Napier before having a quiet time during the 0-0 Test series draw.
Now, preparing for the opening Test of New Zealand's tour of England at Lord's on Thursday, Taylor is in positive mood.

"Time's a healer and I'm feeling pretty good about things at the moment," he told Sky Sports News.

"Lord's is always a great place to play cricket, I'm looking forward to playing out here and hopefully I do a bit better than last time (he made scores of 19 and 20 in 2008)."
Inexperience

Taylor expects his side's bowling attack to enjoy English conditions, particularly in light of the flat wickets which have become standard in New Zealand.

He said: "English conditions are fairly similar to our conditions 10, 15 years ago - but our wickets are slightly flatter than they were and that probably shows with some of our scores back home.

"I'm sure our bowlers will be looking forward to getting out here and bowling in these conditions and testing themselves out with the Duke ball."

New Zealand's squad for the two-match series includes only three players who have previously played Test cricket in England - Taylor, McCullum and Tim Southee.

"I have played here and I'm sure I'll be nervous but it's always a great place to play and every touring side loves playing here," Taylor said of Lord's.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down