fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Byron Nelson Championship: Keegan Bradley starts with course record 60 in Texas

Go down

HP Byron Nelson Championship: Keegan Bradley starts with course record 60 in Texas Empty HP Byron Nelson Championship: Keegan Bradley starts with course record 60 in Texas

Post by Devastating Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 pm

American Ryder Cup star Keegan Bradley leads the HP Byron Nelson Championship in Texas after a stunning first round 60.

Bradley's 10-under round - the lowest of his PGA Tour career by three shots and also one better than the course record at the TPC Four Seasons Resort - included 10 birdies and an eagle.

It was enough to give him a three-shot lead over 2011 Masters winner Charl Schwartzel, who hit every green in a round of seven-under 63.

Starting his round at the 10th tee, Bradley cashed in on the soft conditions with birdies at 11, 12, 13, 15 and 16. He stalled with successive bogeys at the 18th and 1st but roared back with birdies at 4 and 5, an eagle at the par five 7th and closing birdies at eight and nine.

Bradley, who hit 15 of 18 greens and needed just 24 putts, said: "I birdied more holes than I didn't, which is rare. It was just an explosive type of round.

"Kind of felt like a Saturday morning round with my buddies," added Bradley, who played with defending champion Jason Dufner (70) and Matt Kuchar (69).

Schwartzel said the soft conditions for the morning starters allowed him to fire straight at the pins.

"There were a few flags tucked away," said the South African, "but with the greens being soft, you could spin it into the corners."

Sweden's Robert Karlsson shot a six-under 64 to sit in a tie for third with Americans Harris English and Ted Potter Jr while Masters runner-up Angel Cabrera is in a pack on five-under after a 65.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down