fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maria Sharapova sees off Elena Vesnina at Key Biscayne

Go down

Maria Sharapova sees off Elena Vesnina at Key Biscayne Empty Maria Sharapova sees off Elena Vesnina at Key Biscayne

Post by Devastating Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Third seed Maria Sharapova ousted fellow Russian Elena Vesnina 6-4 6-2 in the third round of the Sony Open in Miami.

Sharapova faced nine break points during the match but was able to stand firm and claim a straight sets victory in one hour and 47 minutes.

Four-time Grand Slam winner Sharapova, who won the Indian Wells title last weekend, will now play Klara Zakopalova in the next round.

Zakopalova moved on after claiming a 6-2 7-6 (7/4) win over Maria Kirilenko.

Sharapova said after her win: "I personally love Miami, I've been coming here since I was a little girl.

"I've only had a few days to recover from Indian Wells but there's no greater motivation than winning."

The 25-year-old, who is a four-time runner-up in Miami, could regain the world number one spot from Serena Williams if results go her way this week.

Sixth seed Angelique Kerber and 11th seed Nadia Petrova went out, however.

Kerber was thrashed 6-4 6-0 by Sorana Cirstea while Petrova lost 7-6 (9/7) 6-4 to Jelena Jankovic.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down