fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomas Berdych rocks Novak Djokovic with stunning comeback

Go down

Tomas Berdych rocks Novak Djokovic with stunning comeback Empty Tomas Berdych rocks Novak Djokovic with stunning comeback

Post by Devastating Sat May 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Tomas Berdych fought back from 6-2 5-2 down to stun world No 1 Novak Djokovic in the quarter-finals of the Italian Open.

Djokovic was in cruise control and on his way into the semi-finals when Berdych went for broke with his power game, and launched an unlikely comeback to win 2-6 7-5 6-4.

Djokovic took the opening set in his usual imperious form with Berdych unable to conjure up a single break point.

The world No 1 then romped into a 5-2 lead, only for the world No 6 to suddenly come alive.

He broke twice to win the second, and then traded blow for blow in an absorbing third where one break of serve was enough to clinch just Berdych's second win over Djokovic in 15 matches.

Djokovic said: "It's a very strange situation. I played very well and was two points from winning. Then the entire match changed and I was a different player.

"I lost this game by myself. I just lost a bit of concentration. I started playing more defensively.

"The match turned around, he gained confidence and I had a few unforced errors.

"At this level you have to take the opportunities when they come to you."

Berdych will next face defending champion Rafael Nadal for a place in the final.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down