fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Carragher is puzzled why no one ever tried to sign him from Liverpool

Go down

Jamie Carragher is puzzled why no one ever tried to sign him from Liverpool Empty Jamie Carragher is puzzled why no one ever tried to sign him from Liverpool

Post by Devastating Sun May 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Retiring Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits he is surprised that no other club tried to sign him during his career.

Retiring Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits he is surprised that no other club tried to sign him during his career.

Carragher will play the final game of his career against Queens Park Rangers on Sunday after an illustrious 16-year spell at Anfield.

The QPR game will be Carragher's 737th appearance for Liverpool and the former England international has revealed he is puzzled as to why he was never linked with a possible move away from Anfield

"I never really had the option to leave - I don't know whether it was a good thing or bad thing," Carragher is quoted as saying in The Sun. "Maybe no-one rates me!

"I've never even been close. My agent has never rang me up and said, 'This team fancy buying you'. Not once.

"Maybe I was always seen as 'Mr Liverpool', I suppose. You'll have to ask different managers. But I'd never have left in any circumstances.

"Maybe those managers realised that. Or, like I said, they just didn't fancy me.

"And I can't say I ever thought about leaving when I wasn't in the side. You have good times and bad times at your club.

"It's like being a supporter. You don't stop supporting your team because of a bad run.

"And we've had some great times here, won some big trophies. So I feel lucky and privileged."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down