fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Croatia: Gareth Bale fit to face Croatia after overcoming virus

Go down

Wales v Croatia: Gareth Bale fit to face Croatia after overcoming virus Empty Wales v Croatia: Gareth Bale fit to face Croatia after overcoming virus

Post by Devastating Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 am

Gareth Bale is fit for Wales' World Cup qualifier against Croatia on Tuesday night.

The winger was withdrawn at half-time during Friday's Group C game against Scotland after struggling to beat a virus all week, and Wales went on to win the game without their star man.

Chris Coleman has told Spurs he will take no chances with Bale, but the 23-year-old trained with the rest of the squad on Sunday and Monday and should start the game.

Coleman told Sky Sports News: "He's trained well so I think he's in a lot better nick than he was going into the Scotland game. I think he should be okay."

Defeat for Wales would leave them 10 points behind Croatia and facing the likelihood of two more years without tournament football, and they will be without Aaron Ramsey in Swansea.

The midfielder is suspended following his late sending-off at Hampden Park, and Inverness' Owain Tudur-Jones has been called into the squad as a replacement.
Andy King is another option for a game against opponents Coleman rates the toughest in the group.

He said: "Croatia have impressed me the most - offensively they're very aggressive and they're quite physical. And obviously they've got a guy in the middle of the park, Luka Modric, who would grace any team.

"This will be a very tough game for different reasons than Friday, but we've got to play our own game. We passed the ball very well at Hampden Park and were very exciting. We have to have that same philosophy.

"Sometimes you get results and sometimes you don't, but the important thing for Wales is that we've got a style of play we're trying to evolve."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down