fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Sony Open: Andy Murray cruises into quarter-finals in Miami

Go down

ATP Sony Open: Andy Murray cruises into quarter-finals in Miami Empty ATP Sony Open: Andy Murray cruises into quarter-finals in Miami

Post by Devastating Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Andy Murray powered into the quarter-finals of the Miami Masters with an accomplished 6-2 6-4 victory over Andreas Seppi in Florida.

The British No 1 is yet to lose a set in this year's competition and never looked like doing so against his Italian opponent in blazing sunshine on Tuesday afternoon.

The Scot, who won his last four meetings with Seppi without dropping a set, reasserted his dominance over the world No 19 with an immediate break of serve in an opening game which set the tone for the match.

Number 16 seed Seppi struggled to breach Murray's stoic defence and failed to hit a single winner during a first set which the world No 3 swiftly took 6-2.

Murray found life a little tougher in the second set but remained solid on serve before clinching a decisive break in the ninth game.
Speaking to Sky Sports afterwards, Murray, who will face Marin Cilic in the quarters, said: "I started the match well, it was very windy on court. It was swirling and he was struggling with his timing a little bit, making more errors than usual.

"He went for more shots in the second set and made it tough for me. I made some errors and he gained confidence from that. I'm having a good time here and hopefully I can keep doing well."

French eighth seed Richard Gasquet joined Murray in the last eight after edging out 10th seed Nicolas Almagro 6-7 (3/7) 7-5 7-6 (7/3).

World No 5 David Ferrer broke serve on four occasions as he breezed past 13th seed Kei Nishikori of Japan 6-4 6-2 in 81 minutes, while world No 4 Tomas Berdych crushed home hope Sam Querrey 6-1 6-1.

The Spaniard will be confident of a semi-final berth when he next faces the unseeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer, who hit back against Albert Ramos to triumph 2-6 6-3 6-3.

Ninth seed Cilic of Croatia defeated Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the sixth seed, 7-5 7-6 (7-4) in a hard-fought contest.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down