fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew is "willing to die" in ring when facing Isaac Chilemba in Saturday's light-heavyweight eliminator

Go down

Tony Bellew is "willing to die" in ring when facing Isaac Chilemba in Saturday's light-heavyweight eliminator Empty Tony Bellew is "willing to die" in ring when facing Isaac Chilemba in Saturday's light-heavyweight eliminator

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 am

Tony Bellew says he is "willing to die" in the ring when facing Isaac Chilemba in a light-heavyweight world title eliminator in Liverpool on Saturday night.

A capacity Echo Arena will witness a final showdown for the right to face World Boxing Champion Chad Dawson between home favourite Bellew and South Africa's Chilemba.

Chilemba, with just one defeat as well as impressively picking himself off the canvas twice in a courageous points win over Maxim Vlasov in 2011, is rated an extremely dangerous opponent.

Meanwhile, Bellew memorably overcame two knockdowns in his first victory over Ovill McKenzie in 2010 and has a solitary defeat to WBO champion Welshman Nathan Cleverly in October 2011 to blot his perfect record in his 20 (W19, KO12) fights.

The Liverpudlian said when asked about Saturday's opponent: "He can say all he wants about pressure. (I'll have) thousands, (as well as) family there. It doesn't bother me. I've done it before. I've done it with 10,000 in there. It does not bother me, come Saturday he'll know.

"It's one thing watching me on tape, it's another getting in the ring with me and feeling what I've got. Come Saturday, he's going to feel that. He's going to feel something he's never felt before.

"But he can say whatever he wants, play these mind games or do whatever. You'll just see Saturday. It's that simple.

"I'm willing to die in that ring. It's a simple as that. Ask yourself this. I am willing to die?

"I'll go to any lengths. You've seen it, (my) cuts, (being) banged up, on the floor. Anything. I'm willing to die Saturday. Is he? We'll see Saturday night."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down