fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia Practice - Reaction

Go down

Malaysia Practice - Reaction Empty Malaysia Practice - Reaction

Post by Devastating Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 pm

The men on the grid have their say on Friday's running at the Sepang International Circuit on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur.

Sebastian Vettel: "I think it was unusual today as in the second session one part of the track was pretty wet and the other was dry - but it all dried out quite fast, as it was so hot. This afternoon we couldn't do so much due to the weather, but this morning it looked okay, although the tyres don't last very long! We need to try a couple of things now overnight to improve and take a step forwards."

Mark Webber: "It was a pretty smooth run for us today, but we need to improve and keep finding pace. The slicks were not too bad in those conditions and the crossover point looks quite interesting. The tyres are still the most important thing at the moment - it's all about those! It's pretty warm in the car, but if I'm warm, then so is everyone else and in general it's not as bad as previous years."

Jenson Button: "Today we got through a decent amount of satisfactory work, and we duly gathered some more useful info about MP4-28.

"On a dry track it feels better than it did in Melbourne, but even then its pace still isn't there compared with that of the front-running cars.

"We've identified some further improvements that we can make before tomorrow, though, which is encouraging, and it's been a good day in terms of learning.

"Back at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking [Surrey, UK] the guys are working as hard as they possibly can to find extra performance - and here in Sepang, too, every single member of our race team is doing a truly awesome job.

Nico Rosberg: "We worked a lot on our long run pace today, rather than being quick over one lap. As we saw in Melbourne, tyre management will be the key to success, so that's our focus for the practice sessions. The conditions were tough out there and the heat is unbelievable. Generally we learnt a lot today but we still have some homework to do tonight and tomorrow."

Lewis Hamilton: "We made some positive steps with the set-up over the two sessions today. I had a good long run in the dry which has given us a lot of information to look at tonight. We didn't learn too much in the wet this afternoon however as the conditions were quite mixed when I went out. We focused mainly on longer runs today so I haven't done a quick lap yet on either set of tyres; that will come tomorrow. I'm happy with the direction that we're going and let's see what the weekend brings."

Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down