fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Open: Maria Sharapova cruised into the final with victory over Jelena Jankovic

Go down

Sony Open: Maria Sharapova cruised into the final with victory over Jelena Jankovic Empty Sony Open: Maria Sharapova cruised into the final with victory over Jelena Jankovic

Post by Devastating Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Maria Sharapova slammed Jelena Jankovic 6-2 6-1 to breeze into the final of the Sony Open in Miami.

The Russian is still seeking her first victory in the event after finishing runner-up on four previous occasions.

Sharapova broke Jankovic three times in each set to win her 11th match in a row, ending matters after 63 minutes by breaking the Serb with a forehand winner.

The third seed reduced the number of double faults from 14 in a quarter-final victory over Italy's Sara Errani to only three against Jankovic.
"I thought I needed to step it up a lot from my last match," Sharapova said. "I had a very tough opponent and I had to play much better. I was very happy at the way I was able to focus today."
Excited

Sharapova now takes on Serena Williams after the world No 1 saw off the fourth-seeded defending champion Agnieszka Radwanska 6-0 6-3.

Williams, the top seed, smashed down 12 aces and won 83 percent of her first serves - however she still thinks there is room for improvement.

"Today my game wasn't great but I had to keep trying," Williams said. "I am excited because I am in the final.

"My family and friends are here so I have to do well. I can't let my friends down."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down