fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Open: Padraig Harrington one shot off the lead after first round

Go down

Texas Open: Padraig Harrington one shot off the lead after first round Empty Texas Open: Padraig Harrington one shot off the lead after first round

Post by Devastating Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Ireland's Padraig Harrington is just one shot off the pace after the first round of the Texas Open.

The 41-year-old coped well with the cold and windy conditions at TPC San Antonio to card a four-under 68.

American duo Peter Tomasulo and Matt Bettencourt head the leaderboard with Harrington in a group of four alongside three more Americans, Billy Horschel, Bryce Molder and Harris English.

Harrington birdied the second and added four more birdies on the back nine before a bogey at the par-five 18th, when he three-putted from 34 feet, cost him a share of the lead.
"That was a pity. Takes the shine off the day," he said.

"It wasn't a difficult putt. As I got over it I stood off it once because the wind was gusting from my left, which it shouldn't have been.

"This morning, early on, it was a battle. Last week back in Ireland it was snowing and I didn't feel this cold."

Tomasulo, making just his sixth start of the season on the PGA Tour and trying to regain full playing privileges after battling a rib injury two years ago, played in the last group of the day and finished birdie-birdie to join Bettencourt on five under.

Bettencourt's six birdies included a 21-footer at the 12th, with his only blemish a bogey at the par-four fourth.

Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy, who is trying to sharpen up his game before next week's Masters, had four birdies and four bogeys in an even-par 72.

Brian Davis is in a group of 10 on three under, while his fellow Englishman Ian Poulter fired a two-under 70 which was matched by Martin Laird of Scotland and Ireland's Shane Lowry.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down