fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swindon Robins too strong for Lakeside Hammers

Go down

Swindon Robins too strong for Lakeside Hammers Empty Swindon Robins too strong for Lakeside Hammers

Post by Devastating Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Defending champions Swindon opened their league campaign with a 63-27 demolition of Lakeside Hammers.

The Robins have already scooped the first piece of silverware this term by taking the Elite Shield, and they continued that good form with a comprehensive win at the Abbey Stadium.
Indeed, Lakeside were limited to just one win all evening, via Davey Watt as Swindon dominated from the off.

Hans Andersen led in fine style with a maximum, while Ed Kennett shone on his league debut for the club following his winter switch from Coventry, with a paid maximum.

Peter Kildemand and Troy Batchelor also hit double figures on a night to forget for Lakeside - whose top scorer was Watt with just 7.

Swindon co-owner Gary Patchett said: "The first thing I should do is praise the team, they were magnificent. They all put in a shift and put Lakeside to the sword in a convincing manner.

"We are delighted with the early season form, the boys have hit the ground running and we go to Lakeside on Friday full of confidence."

Patchett admitted worries over the size of the crowd, adding: "I must also place on record my concern about the attendance.

"I want everyone who was here to know how much we appreciate their support on an unbelievably cold night, our thanks to them."

"All I'm saying is the crowd level was a cause for concern. Hopefully better times are on the way."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down