fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antoine Winfield, Seattle Seahawks strike contract

Go down

Antoine Winfield, Seattle Seahawks strike contract Empty Antoine Winfield, Seattle Seahawks strike contract

Post by Devastating Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 pm

The courtship of Antoine Winfield has ended. The Seattle Seahawks have come to an agreement in principle with the former Minnesota Vikings cornerback, Winfield told NFL Network's Darren Sharper on Friday.
NFL.com's Albert Breer later reported Winfield's contract is for one year, according to a Seahawks source.

"I'm definitely excited about the opportunity to play in Seattle," Winfield told ESPN's Josina Anderson. "They're a great football team. Those guys did an excellent job last season.

"They're young, athletic and energetic. I'm excited to play with Richard (Sherman), Brandon (Browner), Kam (Chancellor) and Earl (Thomas) because they're some of the most talented players on defense in the NFL right now."

The Seahawks, Vikings and Washington Redskins were the last three teams vying for Winfield's services. Winfield remains one of the top cornerbacks against the run despite being 35 years old. He will slide into the nickel-back role alongside corners Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Winfield was a Pro Bowl selection from 2008 to 2010 and had 101 tackles and three interceptions in 2012.
Winfield's decision to leave Minnesota was not easy.

"It was a very tough decision for me because of the relationships that I have in Minnesota," Winfield told Anderson. "I've been there nine years. I've had some really great coaches, teammates and fans there. I'm very grateful to the Vikings organization for my experience."

The Seahawks already had the No. 1-ranked scoring defense in the NFL before they added Winfield and young pass rushers in Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. This is a case of the rich getting richer. The organization certainly is keeping up in the arms race with the NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down