fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IPL: Chris Gayle sets new Twenty20 records with innings of 175 for RCB

Go down

IPL: Chris Gayle sets new Twenty20 records with innings of 175 for RCB Empty IPL: Chris Gayle sets new Twenty20 records with innings of 175 for RCB

Post by Devastating Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Chris Gayle struck the fastest century in cricket history for the Bangalore Royal Challengers on his way to recording Twenty20's highest score.

The West Indies opener got to three figures from just 30 balls against Indian Premier League rivals Pune Warriors, eventually finishing unbeaten on 175 from 66.

Gayle's unbeaten innings, featuring 17 sixes and 13 fours, also helped Bangalore post the highest team score in the game's shortest format, 263-5.

And the left-hander's hundred was brought up off four balls fewer than it took Kent's Andrew Symonds in a Twenty20 game against Middlesex in 2004.

Gayle told ITV4: "I'm lost for words. It was just one of those days. It's a good wicket and I started well. I got a good total. I can't say it's a decent total - it's a good total."

Brendon McCullum held the previous record for highest individual score, set when he made 158 from 73 balls during the 2008 IPL.

Pune Warriors finished on 133-9 in reply, Gayle (2-5) taking two wickets in the final over to complete a 130-run victory for his Royal Challengers.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down