fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali Carter sets up another clash with World Championship snooker nemesis Ronnie O'Sullivan in round two

Go down

Ali Carter sets up another clash with World Championship snooker nemesis Ronnie O'Sullivan in round two Empty Ali Carter sets up another clash with World Championship snooker nemesis Ronnie O'Sullivan in round two

Post by Devastating Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Ali Carter set up another clash with his Crucible nemesis Ronnie O'Sullivan after easily defeating Ben Woollaston 10-4 in the World Championship's first round.

Carter and O'Sullivan have gone head to head three times in Sheffield: in the second round eight years ago and then in the finals of 2008 and 2012.

Each time O'Sullivan has come out on top, and in their 12 previous meetings at major tournaments Carter has lost the lot, suggesting he will be up against it when he tackles the defending champion.

Carter had trailed 3-1 at one stage against Woollaston on Monday but recovered to lead 5-4, and made the Sheffield newcomer suffer in his seat in the match's final session starting with a break of 106 and rattling off the five frames he required without reply.

He said: "It wasn't the best performance under the sun but it's all about getting through these matches. I was delighted to be 5-4 up and to win the final five frames tonight was the icing on the cake."

On setting up a repeat of the 2012 Crucible decider Carter added "I'm looking forward to playing Ronnie. I've had it twice in the final so being in the second round isn't going to match up to being in a final. It's just a second-round match.

"He's probably fresher than all of us put together. Rest assured he's been practising very hard for this tournament. You never really know what you're going to get.

"I won't go into it with any particularly approach. I consider myself a little bit unfortunate playing arguably the greatest player of all time in two world finals. He was unbelievably good last year."

"His safety was spot-on and he was scoring, making everything look ridiculously easy as we know he does.

"At the time I felt like I hadn't done myself justice, but that's quite a flippant comment because it's not quite as easy as that."

"I think I'd rather be playing him in the second round than the final, definitely. It's probably a good time to play him."

Woollaston said: "I should have been in front after the first session and tonight was embarrassing really.

"It wasn't nerves. Tonight I just lost my confidence. I couldn't do anything right. Hopefully I'll do a better job next time."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down