fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Kubica takes step closer to F1 return with test run in Mercedes' simulator

Go down

Robert Kubica takes step closer to F1 return with test run in Mercedes' simulator Empty Robert Kubica takes step closer to F1 return with test run in Mercedes' simulator

Post by Devastating Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Robert Kubica has confirmed having a recent run out in Mercedes' Formula One simulator.

Kubica stated last month he would "pay all the money I have to be back in the cockpit of a F1 car" in the wake of a near-fatal rallying crash just over two years ago.

The 28-year-old, who almost lost his right arm when his car hit a wall in the Ronde di Andora rally in Italy in February 2011, is this year competing in a number of rounds of the World and European Rally Championships.

Kubica finished sixth in the Azores Rally at the weekend after taking an early lead, only to roll his car at one point.

Although the Pole has not taken part in F1 since the end of 2010, he at least took a step nearer a potential return with the simulator run at Mercedes' F1 headquarters in Brackley.

"I can say yes, I was there, but I cannot say how many times or how many laps I did," Kubica told Autosport.

"But there is this rumour to which I say, yes, I was in the Mercedes F1 simulator in the past."

The team has refused to expand on Kubica's remarks, nor comment on whether the event was a one-off, or if the 28-year-old will return.

Kubica, who also recently suggested he could now cope with a number of F1 circuits despite the ongoing issues with his hand, also declined to speculate on the prospect of future simulator outings.

"Maybe, I don't know," added the former BMW Sauber and Renault driver.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down