fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Rose takes first round lead at Bay Hill in Florida

Go down

Justin Rose takes first round lead at Bay Hill in Florida Empty Justin Rose takes first round lead at Bay Hill in Florida

Post by Devastating Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 pm

England's Justin Rose leads the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Florida after a superb seven-under 65 on day one.

Rose, playing alongside Tiger Woods, outshone the seven-time Bay Hill winner as he fired six birdies and an eagle to end the opening round two shots clear of American John Huh.

But Woods, who will go to world number one if he wins this week, remains very much in the hunt to claim his third victory of the season after a three-under 69 left him in a tie for fifth.

Starting at the 10th, Rose started par-bogey but from there he didn't put a foot wrong. Birdies at 13 and 17, along with an eagle three at 16, saw him turn in three-under and he then reeled off four straight birdies from the fourth to move to seven-under.
Woods said later: "I didn't drive it well, didn't hit my irons well and didn't control my distances or trajectory well. I certainly didn't play my best, but I got around and made a few good saves out there."

John Rollins sits in a share of third alongside Brad Fritsch after they carded four-under rounds of 67, while European duo Thorbjorn Olesen of Denmark and Spain's Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano are in a log-jam for fifth alongside Tiger at three-under.

Lee Westwood bogeyed 18 in an opening 71 while Phil Mickelson could only manage a one-over 73 after missing a short putt at his final hole to rack up his seventh bogey of the round.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down