fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand eye win after Doug Bracewell takes four wickets

Go down

New Zealand eye win after Doug Bracewell takes four wickets Empty New Zealand eye win after Doug Bracewell takes four wickets

Post by Devastating Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Doug Bracewell pressed his claims for a place in New Zealand's Test side with an impressive 4-28 from 15 overs, as the tourists enjoyed a productive day two at Derby.

Having declared on 289-5 on the first day, the Black Caps dismissed the hosts for 154. By stumps they were 334 ahead on 199-5 with an unbroken century stand between BJ Watling (61no) and Tom Latham (47no) repairing a poor show from the top order.

Bracewell went into the match hoping to convince the selectors after missing England's tour of New Zealand with an unusual injury.

He was cleaning up after a party when he stepped on some glass and cut his foot, ruling him out of two Tests.

Neil Wagner bowled well enough to keep Bracewell out of the decider but the pair will again be vying for the same spot at Lord's when the series starts on May 16.

Wagner's 3-33 showed he would not be standing aside without a fight, but Bracewell is eager to win back his place.

"I was looking forward to the previous series and I felt my form was pretty good going in so I was gutted," he said.

"It was pretty bad luck really. A silly little thing like that to make you miss three Tests, important Tests, is pretty annoying.

"Neil's come in and taken wickets so credit to him but every game you play you're trying to prove a point. That's what I'm trying to do.

"I'm pretty happy with my performance today, it was good to get some overs under my belt."

Victory on the third and final day is a distinct possibility for the tourists, though England will be hoping Derbyshire can frustrate their opponents and hold out for a draw.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down