fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Sony Open Tennis: Andy Murray secures third round spot after defeating Tomic

Go down

ATP Sony Open Tennis: Andy Murray secures third round spot after defeating Tomic Empty ATP Sony Open Tennis: Andy Murray secures third round spot after defeating Tomic

Post by Devastating Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 pm

World number three Andy Murray eased into the third round of the Miami Masters following a 6-3 6-1 triumph over a below-par Bernard Tomic.

Tomic enjoyed an ideal start as he held to love and in the fourth game, with Murray serving 2-1 down, the Australian brought up double break point after he pounced on the Briton's poorly-executed shot.

Murray saved the first and Tomic netted the second, a feat he repeated when he again held break point as the former toiled to 2-2, the game lasting more than eight minutes.

It was an impressive start by the 20-year-old but the promise that showed seemed to instantly evaporate, Murray breaking to love as Tomic hit another return into the net.

Tomic was far from his best and although it was in no way Murray's best performance he glided inexorably towards victory.

The Australian netted with a lame shot for Murray to go 5-1 up, prompting more catcalls from the stands and the Scot easily served out.

Murray knew he had not played anywhere near his peak but it was a job done satisfactorily.

He told Sky Sports: "No matter how you start your match you need to make your opponent work hard.

"I didn't hit it unbelievable today but I worked hard. Once I got the breakthrough he made mistakes. But it is unbelievably hot and windy."

Training in Florida was an aid to Murray, who added: "It's tough to feel comfortable, maybe more than my opponent because I am used to the court and the wind and the humidity."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down