fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Ogogo outclassed Edgar Perez in his first fight in the United States

Go down

Anthony Ogogo outclassed Edgar Perez in his first fight in the United States Empty Anthony Ogogo outclassed Edgar Perez in his first fight in the United States

Post by Devastating Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Anthony Ogogo impressed on his American debut with a unanimous points decision over Edgar Perez on a night that also saw Haroon Khan win his first professional fight.

Middleweight Ogogo, fresh from his second round stoppage of Kieron Gray in April, produced six rounds of solid work against the Puerto Rican in Atlantic City.

And while Perez took everything the 2012 Olympic bronze medallist could throw at him he offered little in return and looked outclassed in every department, the judges scoring the contest 60-54, 6-54 and 60-53.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my American debut," said Ogogo, 24. "I've had massive support from Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer and Bernard Hopkins. Hearing Bernard coaching me from ringside was amazing.

"I needed someone to take me into some rounds. It was a great learning experience. There's no point in knocking everyone out."

Khan produced a devastating display against Vicente Medellin, ending their bantamweight clash in just 57 seconds.

The 22-year-old twice dropped his opponent with vicious body shots to impress those in attendance too see Lucas Matthysse knock out Lamont Peterson in the main event.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down