fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Perez hopes McLaren will show they have turned the corner at Spanish GP

Go down

Sergio Perez hopes McLaren will show they have turned the corner at Spanish GP Empty Sergio Perez hopes McLaren will show they have turned the corner at Spanish GP

Post by Devastating Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Sergio Perez has expressed hope that McLaren have "turned the corner" and will arrive at next week's Spanish GP far closer to the competitive force of old.

Next weekend's opening round of the European phase of the season is being billed as make-or-break for McLaren's chances of realistically competing for the world titles in 2013 having struggled with their MP4-28 in the first four flyaway rounds of the campaign.

Although all teams traditionally bring their first significant upgrade packages of the season to Barcelona, McLaren's changes are set to be particularly pronounced - and Perez is hopeful they will mean the team are firmly heading back towards the front.

"After a tough start to the season, we are all united to get this team back where it belongs at the front of the grid," the Mexican said.
"Hopefully, we have turned the corner now."

Although welcome of the three-week break between races, Perez admits the start of the short-haul races is always an anticipated point of the season.

"After the first four flyaways, there's a bit of a natural break - like it's time for everyone to reset and start a new season in Europe," he added.

"It always feels exciting returning to Europe - almost like the start of the season again! - but it's also good that there's a three-week break between Bahrain and Barcelona."

After a challenging start to his McLaren career amid his new team's unexpected on-track struggles, Perez claimed his best result so far last time out in Bahrain when he finished in sixth place - although his battle with team-mate Jenson Button courted its fair share of controversy after the race.

Four months into his career at Woking and the 23-year-old says he already feels fully acclimatised to his new surroundings.

"It has been great getting to know the whole team - the experience has been all I thought it would be, and more," Perez added.

"Everyone has treated me so well and I feel like I have settled in great."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down