fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Stieglitz defeats Arthur Abraham to become world champion again

Go down

Robert Stieglitz defeats Arthur Abraham to become world champion again Empty Robert Stieglitz defeats Arthur Abraham to become world champion again

Post by Devastating Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am

Robert Stieglitz gained revenge for last year's loss to Arthur Abraham, regaining the WBO Super-middleweight title in the process.

The Russian-born Stieglitz, the firm favourite in his hometown of Magdeburg in the battle of two adopted Germans, was dominant from the opening bell.
He opened up a cut above his opponent's left eye in the second round and by the end of the next the damage was so bad Abraham could not see properly.

The injury resulted in the bout being stopped before the fourth round could begin, referee Mike Ortega waving it off after consulting the doctor at ringside.

"It was a fairly short process," Stieglitz - who is now 44-3 in his professional career - said afterwards. "I thought he'd last longer. I worked hard on my right and it paid off."

Abraham had triumphed in the first meeting between the pair, getting the verdict on the judges' scorecards after 12 rounds to become the new WBO champion.
Third episode

However, the 33-year-old, born in Armenia but now based in Berlin, is hoping there will be the chance for a third chapter in the rivalry.

"My eye is closed. I can't see anything with my eye. I wanted to let him punch a bit and then start punching myself from the fourth, fifth rounds," he said.

"If he won, he won. Now the third fight is the decisive fight."

On the undercard, veteran British heavyweight Michael Sprott suffered a points defeat against Finland's Robert Helenius in a 10-rounder.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down