fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernie Ecclestone defends Sebastian Vettlel over Malaysian Grand Prix incident

Go down

Bernie Ecclestone defends Sebastian Vettlel over Malaysian Grand Prix incident Empty Bernie Ecclestone defends Sebastian Vettlel over Malaysian Grand Prix incident

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Bernie Ecclestone thinks that Sebastian Vettel was right to ignore team orders at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Flouting instructions to hold station behind team-mate Mark Webber during the closing stages of Sunday's race, Vettel overtook the Australian to claim his 27th race victory.

However, F1 supremo Ecclestone has defended Vettel despite the heavy criticism put the German's way.

Ecclestone said: "If I was Sebastian Vettel, having won three world championships for the team, and somebody came on the radio and started giving me instructions I'd probably do exactly the same as Kimi Raikkonen did when he came back and they gave him some instructions, I'd say 'I know what I'm doing'."

Ecclestone doesn't believe that the incident undermined team boss Christian Horner's authority.
"Christian knows exactly what should have happened didn't happen. Put yourself in Christian's position, what should he now do? Did he give orders in the first place. If he did, how could he then give more orders?"

Having watched the events unfold, Ecclestone thinks that Vettel merely showed off the ruthless streak of a world champion.

"I always say, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Sebastian is not a loser. Sebastian is a winner."

Ecclestone also does not agree that Red Bull should take any disciplinary action over Vettel, or even leave him out for the next race.

"I don't think I'd give that any consideration. I'd say to Sebastian, 'in future don't make me look an idiot.'

"But they (Red Bull) don't care who wins. They want to win the championship. For them what difference does it make?"
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down