fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price hopes to avenge defeat by Tony Thompson in July

Go down

David Price hopes to avenge defeat by Tony Thompson in July Empty David Price hopes to avenge defeat by Tony Thompson in July

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 pm

David Price rejected a lucrative fight as he was determined to land a rematch with Tony Thompson.

Price's unbeaten record was shattered in February when Thompson inflicted a shock knockout defeat, but his promoter Frank Maloney is thought to have secured a return bout at Liverpool's Echo Arena on July 6.

The Liverpudlian heavyweight was offered more money for an alternative fight, with reports suggesting he was being lined up to face domestic rival Dereck Chisora, but he instead opted to face the American again.

Price told the Liverpool Echo: "I am just thankful for the opportunity to put right what went wrong If ever there was a time to have this rematch it is now because it is still fresh in everyone's memories.

"I could've taken different routes or had more straight forward fights than Tony Thompson. There were other offers on the table which would've earned me more money.

"But I wanted the chance to exorcise the demons from that fight and all of the other fights that we talked about will still be there after this one.

"Winning rematch will be the closest I will get to erasing the defeat from my memory.

"It was probably the upset of the year so far and my pride was damaged more than anything so that is why I wanted the rematch and the opportunity to put it right."

Maloney has admitted that Thompson was being pursued by other promoters, but Price will now get the chance to gain swift revenge.

"Because it was such a big win for Thompson there was a lot of interest in him from rival promoters, but we got there and he has signed," said Maloney

"There were other options for David also, but he and his trainer Franny Smith were adamant they wanted Thompson again."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down